Monday, July 28, 2008

A Bold Foray onto the Internet

I'm a little behind on this whole "internet" thing. Not because of any purposeful luddism, just because of--oddly enough--the timing of my Peace Corps service. Turns out I happened to be gone just as blogging, social networking, and the like were just picking up their swing, and so I kind of missed the trend. It took me a year to find Facebook to be less than completely creepy, and now almost another for me to get used to the idea that I might post something online that anyone and their trollish mother might read. I like to think of this as "charmingly antiquated," as opposed to the more not-nice "hopelessly backward."

In the meantime, I'm still a terrible nerd, and blogging seems to be the best way for me to get out my enthusiasm for science, public health, music, and interesting miscellany, as well as my general irritation with the world's occasional imbecility.

Enjoy!

No comments: